Advancing and Refining Your Skills
Following completion of Essential Training, our second building block to further develop your coaching skills and move you closer to the first level of International Coach Federation (ICF) certification is Associate Training, which includes Advanced Coaching Skills, Ethics and Risk Management for Coaches, Organizational Coaching, and LifeMap for Focused Living©.
Advanced Coaching Skills provides coaching observation, coaching demonstrations, group interaction, collaborative peer exercises, and dialogue that strengthens comprehension, application, and synthesis. You will continue to expand your knowledge, understanding, and application of advanced coaching.
1. 40 hours' coach-specific training
- Phase 1: Advanced Coaching Skills
- Phase 2: Associate Training Workshop
- Ethics and Risk Management
- Organizational Coaching
- Advanced Coaching Practicums
- Introduction to LifeMap for Focusing Living©
- Phase 3: LifeMap for Focusing Living©
- LifeMap for Focusing Living Coaching Process©
- Coaching with StrengthsFinder® and the CCE Personality Inventory
- Phase 4: Peer and client coaching
- Phase 5: Mentor coaching
- Phase 6: Three months post LifeMap Training coaching support
2. *19.5 hours' coach-specific training–Live virtual classes only
- Phase 1: Advanced Coaching Skills
- Phase 2: Ethics and Risk Management
- Phase 3: Coaching practicums
- Phase 4: hours' mentor coaching
Advanced Coaching Skills focuses on several concepts of effective communication:
- Using metaphorical language to create powerful and lasting images that link with a client's existing thoughts, emotions, and beliefs, and generates perspective, insight, and self- awareness.
- Creating a coaching environment that helps clients expel false beliefs and generate accurate self-awareness.
- Advancing the conversation with neuroscience woven into the nature and structure of a conversation.
- How to focus on what is important for the client by listening at a logical, emotional, and organic level.
- Managing client progress by focusing attention on what is most important to the client.
- Become adept at facilitating a coaching conversation and not compromising the vital structure and nature of an effective conversation.
- How to create action steps that promote active experimentation and self-discovery.
Ethics and Risk Management is a dynamic course in applying coaching ethics and risk management as a coaching professional. It addresses:
- Professional Conduct
- Conflicts of Interest
- Ethics and Marketing
- Personal Conduct with Clients
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- Continuing Development
Organizational Coaching will provide tools for executive and organizational coaching and consulting.
LifeMap For Focused Living©is a process can be used with individual clients and can be adapted for organizational and business coaching. It is a process that Mary Verstraete, CCE President, developed and has used with proven results since 2004 in her coaching and consulting business. LifeMap© includes the use of StrengthsFinder® and a CCE Personality Indicator. This process will enable you to price your services at a higher rate because of it's multiple applications with clients and organizations.
We offer Option 1 Associate Training Workshop at your particular Essential Training location. However, when flight travel occurs for participants, we have priced our training to help cover the cost of US travel expenses.
- Training manual and all textbooks.
- Cost of ground transportation from/to the airport in the venue city.
- Meals during Workshop hours.
- 10 hours' ICF required mentor coaching for the first level of certification in the CCE Associate Program. Mentor coaching would average $1000 beyond coach training.
Option 1: $2975 per person. Payment plans available.
Option 2: $1975. Payment plans available.
2017 Associate Training dates
Our spring classes are full.
Option 1: August 16–November 15
Virtual Classes/One Workshop at the Best Western Plus in Saint Paul, MN
- Wednesdays, 12–1:30pm CT
Facilitator, Mary Verstraete, PCC
Registration closes August 3